UK Scout HQ (Covid-19 Latest Guidance)
- HQ advise that our youth sector is: YELLOW*
- Local Area Restrictions Level for Luton: Some Coronavirus restrictions remain in place.
This means: Section meetings can take place outdoors and indoors. Limited small group residential activities may take place.
Maximum group size:
- Activities involving young people: no limit on group size but remain as only one section meeting independently of others. Indoor activities will be limited by the size of the location given social distancing remains.
- Scout Network programmed activities (non social): 30 people maximum.
- Adult activities (non-social) with no young people present: Adults may meet in small groups for the purposes of providing the charity’s purpose. Full details in getting adults involved again guidance.
- Residential activities: Nights away activities may take place with a maximum of 6 people within the group (including young people, volunteers and carers). COVID measures such as social distancing and good hygiene remain in place (even overnight), groups must remain independent of others and lateral flow testing must take place immediately prior to departure and every 48-72hrs throughout the trip and on return.
Note: Where small sections may struggle to be viable to operate independently they may join with another section at this time.
Note: The number of adults present should be limited to those who are required to be present to support the activity. It’s important to remember that we’re still in the middle of the pandemic and we all have the duty to make sure we’re following the letter and spirit of the guidance.
Note: Activities (including those away from your usual meeting place) should be planned to minimise risk by limiting travel at all times. Check the guidance on planning activities in terrain zero. Trips should only take place where the outcomes can not be achieved locally and must be in a COVID safe manner.
Check your COVID risk assessment
Don’t forget that ahead of restarting face-to-face activities you should review your COVID safe risk assessment and make sure it’s current. If nothing significant has changed or only changes to your numbers then this does not need to be re-approved ahead of you restarting.
Links to support:
- Guidance and Support (FAQ’s)*
- Guidance: Getting everyone back together safely (Guidance Support Documents for Leader, Commissioner, Executive, Parents )*
- Tools to help with your risk assessments (Additional Resource)*
- Getting your section back together safely*
- Planning a safe and enjoyable programme*
- Returning to Scouting Safely Information Hub*,Moving To Yellow Readiness Risk Assessment Template*, Smart Sheet*, HQ Webinar*
- The Readiness Levels across UK Scouts*
- Groups with own venue print QR code for members over 16 click here*
- The Scouts Framework – for face to face activities*
- UK Scout Webinars*
The situation can change very quickly. Keep up to date with Scouting communications from HQ, County and District.
You can do this via the Luton Scout Website.
Falkes Scout District Covid-19 Guidance
- Safe Return Face To Face*
- Falkes District Section returning F2F Generic Letter for Parents*
- Risk Assessment Guidelines*
- Submit Risk Assessment to Risk Assessment Covid Approver Team*
Icknield Scout District Covid-19 Guidance
- Luton Council Coronavirus Latest Guidelines*
- NYA Coronavirus Latest Guidelines
- Gov.uk Face coverings: when to wear one, exemptions, how to make your own*
- Government Local Area Restrictions Level Post Code Checker* :
- Government Covid-19 Promotional material Tier Posters and Text*
Legionella Managing water risk
To contact the Enquiry Co-ordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org*